Where I live, we get more rain than sun. I came up with a list of things you can do while sitting at home, waiting for the rain to pass.
Take notice: NONE of them say “watch TV”.
1. Knitting. I know that in our “modern” society, this isn’t as popular as it used to be. Often I ask myself why not? It’s a relaxing way to pass the time and it also helps bring out your creativity.
2. Reading. Why does my generation consider reading something boring? I would be a hypocrite to say I am any different, but recently I took a step back and realized my generation will end up illiterate.
3. Arts & Crafts. I used to LOVE playing around with different tools, cutting up things and sticking “things” on other “things”. This is easy to find at any Arts & Crafts store, or even at department store, such as Walmart and Superstore.
4. Drawing. You don’t have to be a great artist to draw. Pick up a drawing tool and start drawing. The options are endless, and no one has to know. You can draw a masterpiece, or something even you think it’s “ugly”. So what? It’s your imagination and you should enjoy it.
5. Painting. This is the same as drawing. You don’t have to be an artist. As long as you enjoy it, it doesn’t matter if it “looks good”, or “needs work”. it’s your masterpiece and you should be proud of it.
6. Cooking. This is not something only meant for women. Cooking helps people relax, become creative and most importantly, feeds us! Pick a favorite online recipe and start cooking.
7. Playing with your cat/dog/other “pet”. I love my animals and often I blame myself for not making enough time to play with them. Though my dog like going to the park and run around, I can’t say the same for my cat.
8. Playing a game with friends/family. This is such a fun way to connect with your loved ones. Why would want to play online with some strangers, and not with your own flesh and blood?
9. Talking to your friends/family. I noticed that families don’t connect like they used to in my grandma’s time and that’s a shame. I wonder why. With all this technology, we have forgotten how to talk to our family.
10. Cleaning. I put this one last, because we usually tend to clean “as we go”. What I mean by “major cleaning is things you don’t do every week. I maintain a cleanliness in the house and my room, but often I do a major cleaning when I get bored. Examples of major cleaning: bleaching the tub, sink, toilet (though this should be done once a week, sometimes there isn’t much time), dusting, washing the windows, etc.
I hope that this will help you become more creative with your time indoors and make your life a little more fun. These are strictly my opinions and do not reflect the opinions of the hosting site, nor anyone else’s.